Accessible Customer Service Policy
(Applicable to Ontario only.)
Factor Forms Accessibility Policy
Factor Forms (the “Company”) is committed to the removal and prevention of barriers to accessibility, and to providing accessible goods, services and facilities to persons with disabilities.
This policy applies to:
- The provision of goods or services and access to facilities owned or operated by the Company;
- Team members, volunteers, agents and/or others who deal with the public or other third parties on behalf of the Company; and
- All persons who participate in the development of the Company’s policies, practices and procedures governing the provision of goods or services and access to facilities to members of the public or third parties.
1. The Provision of Goods and Services and Access to Facilities to Persons with Disabilities
The Company will use reasonable efforts to ensure that its policies, practices, and procedures are consistent with the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity by:
- ensuring that all customers receive the same value and quality;
- allowing customers with disabilities to do things in their own ways and at their own pace when accessing the Company’s goods or services and facilities, as long as this does not present a safety risk;
- using alternative methods when possible to ensure that customers with disabilities have access to the same services, in the same place and in a similar manner;
- taking into account individual needs when providing goods or services and access to facilities; and
- communicating in a manner that takes into account the customer's disability.
2. Assistive Devices
- Persons with disabilities may use their own assistive devices when accessing the Company’s goods, services and facilities.
- In cases where the assistive device presents a safety concern or where accessibility might be an issue, other reasonable measures will be offered to access the goods, services or facilities.
3. Guide Dogs and Service Animals
- A customer with a disability who is accompanied by a guide dog or service animal will be allowed access to parts of the Company’s premises that are open to the public, and to keep the guide dog or service animal with him/her, unless the guide dog or service animal is excluded by law.
- If a guide dog or service animal is excluded by law, the Company will offer alternative methods to enable the person with a disability to access its goods, services and facilities, where possible (for example, securing the animal in a safe location and offering the guidance of a team member).
- A customer accompanied by a guide dog or service animal is responsible for maintaining care and control of the animal at all times.
- If a health and safety concern arises from the presence of the guide dog or service animal, such as severe allergy to the animal, the Company will use reasonable efforts to meet the needs of all individuals.
4. Support Persons
If a customer with a disability is accompanied by a support person, the Company will ensure that both persons are allowed to enter the premises together and that the customer is not prevented from having access to the support person.
5. Notice of Temporary Disruptions in Service
Service disruptions may occur due to reasons that may or may not be within the control or knowledge of the Company. In the event of any temporary disruptions to facilities or services that customers with disabilities rely on to access or use the Company's goods or services, reasonable efforts will be made to provide advance notice.
The notification will include:
- The services or facilities that are disrupted or unavailable
- The reason for the disruption
- The anticipated duration of the disruption
- A description of alternative services or options
When disruptions occur, the Company will provide notice by:
- posting notices in conspicuous places including at the point of disruption, at the main entrance, the nearest accessible entrance to the service disruption, and/or on the Company website;
- contacting customers with appointments who are known to have a disability;
- verbally notifying customers who are known to have a disability when they are making an appointment; or any other method that may be reasonable under the circumstances.
6. Feedback Process
The Company welcomes feedback on its goods, services and facilities. Customers can submit their feedback to:
- Telephone 905-358-0699
- Confidential FAX 905-358-8066
The Company will review the feedback received and will endeavour to provide a response in a timely manner.
Training will be provided to:
a) all team members, volunteers, agents and/or others who deal with the public or other third parties on behalf of the Company in Ontario; and
b) those who are involved in the development and approval of customer service policies, practices and procedures applicable in Ontario.
The training will cover the following topics:
- A review of the purpose of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
- A review of the requirements of the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07.
- Instructions on how to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
Instructions on how to interact with people with disabilities who: use assistive devices; require the assistance of a guide dog or service animal; or require the use of a support person.
- Instructions on how to use any equipment or devices that are available at the Company’s premises or that it provides that may help people with disabilities.
- Instructions on what to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing services.
- The Company's policies, practices and procedures pertaining to providing accessible customer service to customers with disabilities.
The Company will provide such training as soon as practicable after the assignment of applicable duties. The Company will also provide training in the event of changes to the Company’s policies.
Notice of Availability and Format of Documents
Documents required by the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07 will be available upon request. They will be provided in a format that takes into account the customer's disability, if requested.
Any questions regarding this policy should be directed to Management.